Thursday, March 10, 2011

Homemade Peanut Butter

Homemade Peanut Butter
You will need:
  • 1 1/2 cups peanuts. (I used roasted and salted)
  • 1/2 teaspoon olive oil (may need slightly more or less)
  • 1 tablespoon raw honey
  • Salt to taste (if your nuts aren’t already salted)

The players. (Do you like my cute little liquid measuring glass? It’s not a shot glass. Promise.) 
Thoroughly process the peanuts in a food processor until finely chopped.
While the processor is running, stream in a bit of olive oil. (I did not use this whole glass, just a bit) You may have to turn off the processor for a minute, removed the lid and scrap the bottom of the bowl in order to make sure everything is incorporated well enough (at least that is what I had to do with mine).
Next, stream in the honey in the same manner.
And you’re done! It has a slightly chunky consistency, which I prefer. I also like to store mine in the fridge. It won’t last for years on the shelf like the commercial peanut butters do, but I doubt it will have a chance to be around for that long anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment