Saturday, May 26, 2012

Old Fashion School Lunch Rolls

Oh my goodness these are amazing! I just made these this afternoon. I can't stop eating them! They are the best!

2 1/2 POUNDS of flour I bolded that so you would see it's not cups!!
1/2 cup dry milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. salt
1/4 cup instant yeast
3/4 cup melted, cooled butter or shortening (room temperature)
3 cups lukewarm water



Sift together all of the dry ingredients. Mix well, add yeast, lukewarm water, and cooled melted butter. Beat in kitchen aid on low for 15 Minutes, VERY IMPORTANT!
It will look sticky! It is suppose it, don't worry.
Let rise.
Roll out onto lightly floured surface to 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Cut out rolls with cutter or can use pizza cutter for square rolls. Place on greased pans. Let rise again.


 Made 5 pans worth of rolls! I think now I would have made mine bigger but these are perfect for little hands!!

Bake at 350 degrees until done (depending on the pan I did about 12 min) butter tops. Makes about 65 rolls!



No comments:

Post a Comment