Sunday, February 27, 2011

Simple Pantry Tuna Casserole

 When there's no groceries in the house this is my go to recipe, because I usually have these items in the pantry. I love that it uses tuna so there's no meat to cook. You can add different veggies to it if you want, but for my picky eater I leave them out and it's still good.

Recipe:
3 c uncooked medium noodles (I use macaroni)
1 can tuna fish
1/2 c mayonnaise
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 c milk
1 1/2 c cheddar cheese, divided
Optional: celery, green pepper, onion

Boil and drain noodles according to package directions. In a small bowl combine tuna (drained), mayo, and salt. In a pot or microwave safe bowl stir and heat through cream of chicken soup, milk, and 1 c cheese until it melts. Once cheese has melted add tuna mixture to the soup mixture and heat through a little more. Combine noodles and sauce in a large casserole dish or pot. Sprinkle remaining cheese on the top. Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 2o-25 min until cheese is slightly brown and sauce is bubbly in the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment