Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

Merry Christmas from the Allen family
Spencer, Me, Chase, Diana, Andrew and Jordan
We had a pretty good Christmas and an honest to goodness blizzard starting Christmas Eve night through Christmas day. We got about 1-3 feet across the city and wind gusts of up to 45 miles per hour. It was a very white Christmas. I had to work during that time so driving home in it was a little scary. The plows were having a very hard time keeping up with it. I was able to make it home in time to see the boys unwrap their presents, which I wanted to see. Chase and Spencer were up most of the night because they were excited. Jordan and Andrew got some sleep but were up early in the morning. When I got home they were all in Andrew and Chase's room waiting because they couldn't go upstairs until I got home. The boys got some great gifts and Santa was very good to them. Surprisingly, there was no coal to be found anywhere. Diana and I were pretty happy that it went so well. We have had some less than wonderful experiences in the past but this year made up for that I think. The boys were pretty good all year and had to put up with a lot of changes so we felt that they deserved to have a good Christmas. I was just glad that we were all together as a family. That is the most important thing to me. Having some great memories is what I want for the boys. We aways try to emphasize the true meaning of Christmas which sometimes gets lost. To me, the true spirit of Christmas is what the year is all about. Diana, the boys and I hope that all of you had a great Christmas and that your new year brings much joy and hapiness.
Our Christmas tree on Christmas Eve. It was a little too tall so Diana trimmed it a little on top.

Chase opening one of his presents

Chase, Jordan, Spencer and Andrew opening Santa's present

Jordan and Chase shoveling out a couple of days after the storm. Not so deep now.

Andrew, Jordan and Spencer playing in the back yard a couple of days after the storm. It was up to their knees right after the storm.

Our back yard a couple of days after the storm. The day prior to this photo there was about a foot of snow on the rails.

Very excited to go back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment